Jockey Journal Forum banner
121 - 140 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Man this thing is fantastic,and the art on youre shop wall next to the lathe is too damn cool,love the pipes.I could go on.............Sweeeeet

·
Registered
396 Posts
Finished up the carb cap for the most part today. Still have to do the recesses where the cap screws sit. If I had been thinking I would have used a step bit and done that before putting it on the lathe but that would have been to easy.
that cap is sweeeeet

·
Registered
728 Posts
Lucas sent me this picture of my frame, I like it! There is a lot of progress on the bike but nothing to take pictures of yet. I shaved the mounting horns off the tank and am doing a under mount to clean things up a bit and worked the breaks out as well as seat mounts and fender mounts, have the pinch clamps made for the oil tank and filter to match the springer. Everything is at the polishers right now.....Stainless is a pain in the [email protected]#... polish,weld,polish . Also the new springer is on it's way and will be here Friday! I may have screwed myself on that though...I had it done narrow without checking availability of a wheel to match the rear and my current front hub is too wide. Solution is spend $1100 for a custom built wheel or change the rear and front to match, 40 spoke. Anyone have a source on a 80 spoke hub under 4 1/2"? If it comes down to it I will run 2 40 spoke Acront's laced too the hub of my choice. Still cheaper than $1100 after selling my current rims and would probably look better too.

Chris

Have you ever noticed how some women are so beautiful that they don't need to peel off outer layers to be smokin' hot!?!
Oh yeah...the bike is absolute art also. Mike :cool:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Thanks, the pipes suck a little tighter into the frame when bolted to the mounts but it is close it was a bitch getting everything in place so it would clear.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Looks awesome but where are you feet gonna go?
Feet go on the ground to get the bike moving Flintstones style! Once you hit a hill you can rest them on the exhaust.

The pipes tuck in a bit more than it looks in the picture, the stock pegs come out above the pipes and the rubbers are outside away from the pipes should be fine. I am short so I can get away with stock pegs without eating my knees!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
I actually had a o shit moment this afternoon looking at that as well! I got lucky it worked out, I was focused on the kicker clearing .

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Some more pics, picked up a spool hub got the head steady finished and the pegs straightened I will post pics of some of the details when I tear it down.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
This is the hole through the frame for the rear tank mount. It is stepped through the frame so I can use a recessed allen bolt that wouldn't be seen from the top. The tank was drilled top to bottom and a threaded bung with a blind hole was welded in top and bottom then blended to the top of the tank. I thought that would reduce the risk of cracks from vibration. Still need to do a final polish on the frame!

·
Registered
790 Posts
the stance on that is perfect! thanx for inspiration and motivation :)

//janne

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
Thanks for the positive feedback! Mike I am still planning a candy flake red with some some turned silver leaf and lace work under it. Still waiting on a test panel from Casey at Headcase custom art before I decide. No more progress on the bike but had some fun playing with the camera when I was supposed to be cleaning the shop.

121 - 140 of 164 Posts