Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1973 Ironhead Sportster project for my wife I just finished. Completely redone, took it apart and went all over it. Bored and honed. New pistons, rings, valves, seats. Compu Fire electronic ignition, single fire, high output coil, ACCEL spark plug wires. It carries an S&S Super E carb hooked to a Pingel petcock. All all parts were powder coated including the frame, swingarm, sliders, headlight bucket, controls, gearcase cover, primary cover, exhaust bracket, foot peg supports, batt cover, oil tank, cylinders and heads plus a few misc items. The handlebar is from a 2007 Nightster, 10" mini ape. The headlight was donated from my 09 Superglide. It has Progressive Suspension shocks. The seat bracket to mount the springs was incorporated before the frame was taken to powdercoating. Hated the one they sell in catalogs, uuuuuuuuuuuuugly!!!! So the screws go into the frame itself. It rides atop a pair of Avon Venoms. All the wiring was redone and brand new wiring was used. It no longer has the connector block underneath the upper triple tree. It has all the wiring hidden inside the headlight via a 12 wire Deutsch connector like the late model bikes use. Left the circuit breakers there to add a classic touch. Plus it's easy to spot which circuit has the problem when they start clicking. A speedometer/odometer was installed and LED's where also installed in order to have turn signal indicators and high beam indicators. I'm about to install the turn signals I got from a a 2005 1200 Sportster, complete with running lights (dual filament bulbs). All hardware is stainles steel... I'm done dealing with chrome hardware.. It only has a few chrome screws here and there. This bike was the one I had while attending Motorcycle Mechanics Institute in Orlando almost 10 yrs ago. I moved back to PR and bought and 09 Superglide. This one I built for my wife, just like she wanted it.... all blacked out. It has a lot of sentimental value for me and we are never parting with it. It's here to stay. I call it LA DIABLA or SHE DEVIL because it sounds like it has Satan himself inside that engine. Allways called it that... but I guess al Ironheads are like that. I'm sure my wife will ride it like she stole it!!!! Ha ha.... Hope you like the video. Will post more in the near future. Thanks for watching.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Welcome to the board, please jump up to the intro page and do an intro and read all of the stickies.
Nice lookin iron head by the way.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
We all have our opinions on here, and I love the look of your Ironhead. I prefer a more stock looking one, but yours looks quality built. Love the way you mounted that rear fender. Just not crazy about the fender itself. But, you can never satisfy all of us, at the same time. Just keep building what you like, and share with us, so we can comment, and see custom mounted rear fenders, like yours. All in all, it looks great. Hope your OL enjoys it, that is the only thing that matters in the end.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts