Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I've not been very active on here in a while, but I took some snapshots from the Antique Archaeology store in Nashville today that I thought you all might like. The XAVW is a VonDutch creation with some very nice details and it was picked out of my own backyard...Not for Sale. Note the Monoblocs with bowl expansions on a 1200cc VW engine. This bike has some very cool features and is a complete mix of parts that fit together very well.

The BSA is built for the salt flats. Twin 750cc triples! Check out those Mags and that awesome duplex chain between the engines. Now that's an open primary!

·
Registered
254 Posts
That's pretty damn cool....the Von Dutch creation is unreal...I'd love to go there and check out their stuff...have any more pics???....please post them up!!!

Larry in MD

·
Registered
427 Posts
is this mike? if so whats up! met you at the taco truck outside the cycle thing that was at the jean place. nice guy. if not, who? fellow nashvillain. cool bikes indeed, i was hoping to check out the vw dutch bike there, but it didnt make it. good times anyway. - J Ryan

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not Mike, he wishes.

But seriously, just a fellow Tennessee junk and old bike nut. I live way out in the hills near Granville, TN but I travel through the state a lot for work and just stopped by the store today to grab some picks of the bikes.

Enjoy.

Cory

·
Registered
866 Posts
Cool bikes.When you say the Von Dutch was picked out of your own back yard do you mean you used to own it or do you mean picked outta your area?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Picked out of Tennessee.. I have owned some cool bikes in my day, but nothing like that.

Cory

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good eyes 83k30.

To be honest, I didn't even see that until I got home and was looking at the pics. It does look pretty awesome though.

Cory

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Where is the article on the XAVW? I'd love to read it.

I'd say one definite upside of the show is that your average person may now see more value in some of the "junk" we love and it won't get scrapped. Even if we have to pay more for it, it should bring more when we sell it. This stuff is getting hard to find and the more of it that gets saved from the scrapper the better. It's also nice to knock on doors and folks don't think your a complete freak to be out looking for "junk" to buy.

Cory

·
Registered
427 Posts
Gotcha....too bad it belongs to those D.B.'s
Hey, mike was a nice guy, and very knawladgeable about motorcycles. Just because he doesnt have greasy hair and tattoos doesnt make him a DB. At least hes not one of these hipster **** runnin around with a von dutch shirt on and no fucking clue who von dutch is

·
Registered
87 Posts
I was at the Iowa store recently. They have cool stuff on display. That's all. Display. You can't buy anything from that place. Unless you want a fucking mike wolfe bobble head or a coffee mug. It's all for image and tv.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I suppose everyone on the ol' interweb has their own opinions. Mike certainly is knowledgable about old bikes and I hear he's a pretty good egg. I've not met him, but have no reason to think negatively of him.

This forum is supposed to be about bikes and that's how I prefer it. Sadly, I posted pics of some awesome bikes and the comments focus on whether or not the owner of the bikes is a D.B.

Let's get back at the topic at hand...Does anyone have more info on the VonDutch bike?

Just Googling, I did find a pic of the bike from the '60's.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.