Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent a great day at the White Rose MC AMCA event today. Amazing the quality and number of unrestored rigid frame big twins. All those many years I put off buying a knucklehead was a big mistake...they really are perfect!
Sorry, I left my camera home on the kitchen counter - just too damn excited to get out the door!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Got there at 8am Friday, most vendors hadn't even set up yet 'cause it was a swamp. But yeah, a LOT of beautiful survivors there, and quite a few perfect restorations too. Even a few nice chops and bobbers, more than usual. But the glory of the day: scored a perfect set of original early pan tanks for about half what everyone's looking for them these days. Saw several pairs that needed serious work for $1200, these had perfect tabs, threads, and even still had the emblem mounts on 'em (with perfect threads on the mounts!), plus they were painted black (my color of choice). Couldn't resist, went home with 'em. Had two guys offer me $1200 on the way out the door, but I've been looking for these for 5 years, so I politely declined. Now I just gotta score the emblems...

-Kuda
'49 panchop (which will be restored one day, when I'm finished ridin' the piss out of it)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good for you Kuda, lately you would think they were all gold plated inside. I thought the Croker under soncstruction in the swaps was cool...and like you, the survivior knucks made me smile. Is it really 20K for a motor now....crazy!
Much better turn out than last year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts