Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
sojerscraper said:
Im looking to buy a new AMAL concentric carb. my bastardized bike came with a worn out 932 but the book calls for a 930 on my single carb head. The motor has been modified (big cams, 40 over, milled head, open stock pipes).

my questions are:
should i get a 932 or a 930?
and where is the best place to buy one?
Use the 930 but you will need to jet differently than stock for the open exhaust, etc. Try britbike or Rask or any british supply. The price on New Amals isn't going to vary greatly. A new 930 should run you about $230.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I've seen 930's for less than that. Not sure on your time table, but Triumph COme Home is coming up in June and I've seen new concentrics as low as 50.00. I could pick up for you. The 932 might have been to accomodate the extra breathing without rejetting maybe. But seems to me you would need to bevel the manifold to accomodate the slightly larger bore size without an infraction in the air flow. So you could go with another 932 if you wanted just make some changes.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey guys, thanks for the response. i ordered one from rask the other day. a 930. it doesnt look like the manifold was beveled for the 932 but im not surprised since everything else on the bike when i got it was broken, stripped, bent or missing. the whole bike was a hodge podge shit pile. now she is a low, lean machine with a wicked rebuilt motor. ill be hitting the streets within the next few weeks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts