Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '71 Tr6, 650 with a single amal 930 carb. It's running rich, fouling plugs and hates to idle. I pulled the carb and tore it apart. The clip was in the center or #2 position, #3 slide, 220 main jet, 107 needle jet and a 25 pilot jet.
I did some reading and I found that smaller # needle jet would lean it out. I have a junk 932 carb here so I tore it apart and found it had a 106 jet in it.
My question is, the 106 hole is alot bigger than the 107. Is it suppose to be or did someone drill it out that big? The 107 doesn't have the two holes in the base like the 106.
Here's a pic (sorry so shitty) 107 on the right.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
thoughts:

even with the poor pic, those seem way too different to work.

another note, I've seen folks post here of finding Amals on euro dirtbikes, the 2-stroke Amals are too different internally to safely swap bits experimentally.

I'd go back with what you had and just drop the needle all the way (raise the clip to top).

keep in mind the jet body is comparatively softer metal, the needle hanging from the slide in the intake pulses will eventually "beat out" your needle jet larger; thus try dropping the needle into the jet first.

run it & see, that will tell if the needle jet is enlarged/too big.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts