Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.. I sure hope not, because it's sitting in my garage 20% finished. With any luck at all I'll be riding it by next January. Just in time for the bitter winters we suffer in southern California. Fortunately, I have a friend who works at the factory that makes heated Harley grips. I'd hate to freeze my hands off in our sub-40-degree weather. Seriously, I'd enjoy hearing what you guys think of my creation. Granted, it's no Black Rose, but I think it does a fair job of expressing the true individuality of my art. Don't bother telling me that my Chinese Salinas Boys tank is a piece of shit; I've already been through that thread. I would like to have a real tank crafted by Cole's own hands (he's one of my favorite builders), but I don't have that kind of cash. $200 is about my limit for a tin teardrop that holds gasoline. Call me a cheap son of a bitch, but baby needs a new pair of shoes...

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
where did you get the shitbox tank. i dont wanna spend alot wither. i wanna see what one looks like on my bike. i like my mustang but i want the tank to hug the engin more. looks good.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bluebrian said:
where did you get the shitbox tank. i dont wanna spend alot wither. i wanna see what one looks like on my bike. i like my mustang but i want the tank to hug the engin more. looks good.
Search "Salinas Boys gas tank" on EGay. If you can't find it there, check out the Custom Chrome catalog. I like my shitbox wannabe Cole Foster tank so much... it broke my heart to learn that CCI basically ripped the man off. Hey Cole, if you're reading this, send me a PM and I'll send you some money--you deserve it.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ryno said:
what kind of hand controls are those?
The controls are made by Billet2Race. I dug 'em up online. some chick named Pinky actually machines them. Think about it: a chick making motorcycle parts! Fuck, what next: Chinese adolescents welding WCC two-piece fenders in a sweatshop?

·
Registered
773 Posts
halwade said:
The controls are made by Billet2Race. I dug 'em up online. some chick named Pinky actually machines them. Think about it: a chick making motorcycle parts! Fuck, what next: Chinese adolescents welding WCC two-piece fenders in a sweatshop?
HAHAHAHA...
I can't fucking imagine...
the controls are bitchin.
cool ride...keep us posted.

·
Registered
630 Posts
No, you're just gay anyways. :D

Sorry, too easy of a cheap shot.
If you dig it, that's what fuggin' matters.
Build it, ride it, rock it.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
the truth hurts ..

GumbyChuck said:
No, you're just gay anyways. :D

Sorry, too easy of a cheap shot.
If you dig it, that's what fuggin' matters.
Build it, ride it, rock it.

you go Brother ..

seriously now, is this now the new : flat black/redwheels&whitewalls/what is a chopper anyway, question , type fad/new thing ..

geez, if you gotta post in public : "Am I gay for liking this..." ..
just ask your live-in boyfriend first, to be sure ..

edit - scanned original post, missed this, which may say Much :

"Granted, it's no Black Rose, but I think it does a fair job of expressing the true individuality of my art." ..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: the truth hurts ..

Dragon said:

geez, if you gotta post in public : "Am I gay for liking this..." ..
just ask your live-in boyfriend first, to be sure ..

"Granted, it's no Black Rose, but I think it does a fair job of expressing the true individuality of my art." ..

Joking, guys... just joking. Is it just me, or do senior members of this message board have the shortest fuses and thinnest skin of any cats on the planet? I don't give a rat's ass what anyone thinks of my project; I merely wanted to stir up some of the same old shit (Chinese tanks, Black Roses, Bobbers and Choppers, etc.) on a different thread. Some of you took the bait, others offered kudos and asked questions. Good stuff, all (even the cheap shots from Gabe Asher or whatever his name was.)

Before any of us gets on our high (iron) horse, we should remind ourselves that we're cruising chat rooms and message boards. That puts us on roughly the same psychosexual plain as the frat boys who catalog their hotties on myspace.com. Face it, gentlemen--we're ALL gay. We'd be turning wrenches and banging our old ladies instead of pounding the putty-colored keys if we weren't.

Seriously, keep up the homophobic buzzranting, biker backtalk, trailer-trashin', China-bashin' bullshit that makes this message board (and this nation) the great place it is!

God bless bobbers!

how could we catch fish without them?

love and kisses,

Halwade

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
no, it's like this :

quote : "..we should remind ourselves that we're cruising chat rooms and message boards. That puts us on roughly the same psychosexual plain as the frat boys who catalog their hotties on myspace.com. Face it, gentlemen--we're ALL gay. We'd be turning wrenches and banging our old ladies instead of pounding the putty-colored keys if we weren't."

quite many of "WE" Only spend time on a select few message boards, not "cruising" on some "psychosexual plane as the fratboys" ..

and, it may be a totally foreign concept to you, but we Invest this time to/and gain & share knowlege here .. BETWEEN time "turning wrenches and banging our old ladies .."

on 'took the bait' ..

"how could we catch fish without them?"

dynamite .. or maybe that's a Southern thing you wouldnt understand, having slammed most everyone else ..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
fishing with dynamite

Dragon said:
quote : "on 'took the bait' ..

"how could we catch fish without them?"

dynamite .. or maybe that's a Southern thing you wouldnt understand, having slammed most everyone else ..

Dear Dragon,

Regarding southern fishing practices: I'm originally from the sunshine state. The Seminole indians near my old home used to fish lake okeechobee with sticks of dynamite to churn up bait for their nocturnal alligator poaching expeditions. I'm not sure how "southern things" and your assumption that I wouldn't understand them has anything to do with my alleged "slamming" in this thread, but in the interest of sharing ideas and knowledge with you, I'll try to follow your non sequitur. Thanks for sharing your views with me.

Love,

·
TI_Tuesday
1,444 Posts
Looks good. Love the top triple tree. You are not gay. Your avatar, that's another story.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Where did you get the clip on handlebars? I am dying for some of those.. who made em?

That bike will rock.. even with the von cheapo tank :) you are well on your way, cant wait to see the finished product.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hal's gay bike

richard cranium said:
halwade,

hilarious!

where did you end up finding the softail sportster frame?

ed!
The frame is an Atlas. At $2500 it's not the cheapest sportster softail on the planet, but it is definitely the best one I could find. Atlas owners Dick and Peggy are cool people, and they took good care of me. fabbed the whole thing custom to my specs in a little over 2 weeks. would have been faster, but Thanksgiving got in the way. here's their link: http://www.atlasprecision.com/item.asp?ItemID=69&Category=&Placeholder=0

Thanks for the props. I'm glad you saw the tongue in my cheek. A lot of dudes didn't...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts