Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Thrift and antique stores.....don't buy anything new...find your own unique knob.....almost anything can be mounted as a knob..

·
Atomic Custom
3,829 Posts
Door knobs make the bes shift handles, do a search on ebay.. tons of em out there. Thrift shops and antique stores are a good place to find sweet door knobs too.

My fav was given to me by the pres of an old club back home in Montana. Its the glass doorknob from their old clubhouse. (not the knob in the pic!)

Attachments

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
I've run old glass doorknobs many years ago, salvaged from my GrandDad's workshop 'spares' ..

and recently discovered new ones at the hardware store, usually with brass bases ..

& here's my two current faves, waiting on the black Pan & a UA to be done ..

a well-done 13 ball & one of those gen-yoo-wine NY schoolhouse knobs, thanks to my good friend ChopperCopper ..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ChopperMark said:
I have an extra glass doorknob, threaded 3/8"- 16 that I don't need. I've used a skateboard wheel, complete with bearings as a shift knob too. The one on my Triumph I turned on the lathe to match all the other turned parts on my bike.
cool send me a pm, I'll buy it ifn' you want to part with it. and a photo or two of your lathe handiwork would be cool too.

·
motorcycle enthusiast
2,656 Posts
I actually have a funny " suicide clutch " story . . . I was pulling into my garage last week and was startled by a stool that had fallen over somehow and was sudenly in my way . I was only barly idleing into the garage but I had the clutch engaged with my foot . . . about half way . well I thought i was going to hit the stool so I tried to slap it into neutral and put both feet on the ground . . . well I missed and hit second gear with both feet on the ground . the bike bumped and humped its way across the floor of the garage with me draging my feet like fred flinstone , till i was finaly able to get my right foot on the brake and nail it . screetched to a stop and killed the motor about 3 inches away from the workbench . Ahhhhhhhh good times .

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.