40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TurboRoadster said:
I would pimp it, but then again, I'm weird like that
They need to lower that frame for sure.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
man that's some real engineering there ..

" I started with a pair of 4 foot long 1 inch thin walled conduit lengths....if I made them much longer, radical frame manipulation would be necessary in order to prevent the "instant wheelie" effect."

if ya want to get youself or your own kid hurt go for it, but dont promote it on web-lists all over the world ..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Billdozer1811 said:
Isn't conduit galvanized? Doesn't welding galvanized steel create some deadly gas? Not to mention it's not exactly strong, but I guess it's just art so that's not really the point. I dig the mag Andy, that's where I got the plans for my tazer-fired potato cannon...

-Bill

Bill dude, dont waste a tazer on a potatoh cannon. Go pneumatic, I have built both styles and pneumatic fuckin owns a traditional spud cannon.

·
Registered
607 Posts
He's been reading that fuckin' Atomic Zombie Book. All kinds of BAD advice, like using weak conduit instead of 1020 steel. My favorite is that he extends forks by butt-welding them, no internal slugs or external sleeves. I've noticed the shinier the freak bike(bicycle), the less it is ridden. Just like motorcycles, for the most part.

*edit* Oh damn, that is Atomic Zombie. As someone who has had his tallbike up to 35mph almost every Sunday this summer my criticisms stand. For some street abused info on bicycle building http://www.dclxvi.org/chunk/what/index.html

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dragon said:

if ya want to get youself or your own kid hurt go for it, but dont promote it on web-lists all over the world ..
I thought it was pretty funny, myself. Wouldn't put my grammy on that thing. I always figure, if you're gonna spend the time to do it, do it right. Check the blown spoke and the valve stem in that last shot...

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
bendpress said:
I thought it was pretty funny, myself. Wouldn't put my grammy on that thing. I always figure, if you're gonna spend the time to do it, do it right. Check the blown spoke and the valve stem in that last shot...
hahahahhaa, no kidding! good eye.
that work does look pretty hoky

·
Registered
427 Posts
bendpress said:
So what your saying is if your
welding on your bike forks your gonna mock up a brand new chrome wheel and get slag and spatter all over your new chrome rim...:confused: it's all making sense to me now??? Chop masters...Heh..Heh...far as the galvanized conduit it's plenty strong enuff for bicycle forks afterall galvanized is believe it or not used in alot of structural places where salt or elements will eat carbon pipe away...just a friendly tuotorial before you rank on someones idears...far as inhaling galvanized steel fumes it requires plenty of ventilation and ER-70 wire or filler rod...to much over exposure will cause GALVO which will kill you no different then isocynates in paint, over a period of time...

·
Registered
427 Posts
tbone16 said:
Nah, it just makes yah sick, but I hear if yah breath it your just supposed to drink ass loads of milk and that makes yah right.

Bill dude, dont waste a tazer on a potatoh cannon. Go pneumatic, I have built both styles and pneumatic fuckin owns a traditional spud cannon.
Ha Hah...pototoe cannon...I'll have to get a picture of a guy I ran across he has a fire truck with a barrel on it for shooting pumpkins...no shit...and accurate as shit...somekind of competition shit...1/2 mile range on that baby...should take that fucker over to IraQ and shoot some towel heads with pumpkins..Heh..HEH...WTF....DUCKING FOR COVER...heh..heh..

·
Registered
607 Posts
The diameter of conduit he used on the "forks" I can bend against my knee. It is strong enough untill you hit a bump over 10mph and they collapse.

Also the smart way to attach those fork ends would have been to drill some holes through the conduit so the tubes intersect. The way they are done they will just rip right off the fork leg just past where they are welded.

I am speaking from direct experience and as an ex-drafter/designer for Haro bikes, and not just raining on someone's parade.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Let the dude have some fun, its not exactly deadly to crash at 4 mph on a 6 foot long bike. There was some punk band that used to come around here that welded two bike frames together, one on top of the other; and would ride them all over town when they played.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Kyle said:
Let the dude have some fun, its not exactly deadly to crash at 4 mph on a 6 foot long bike. There was some punk band that used to come around here that welded two bike frames together, one on top of the other; and would ride them all over town when they played.
Heh Heh...no shit...think I will make one now just to post it for a shit storm...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts