Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have lived in my house for a year and a half now, but never really talked with the neighbors. I figured they didnt like me cause all the noise and stupid amount of cars and bikes.
Anyway, one day some jerk ass decided too break into some cars in the cul-de-sac (I guess my shit aint good enough cause nothing from my house was touch). So this prompted everyone too talk and see who saw what. Well turns out my next door neighbor is heavly into motrcycles, but too poor right now to do anything about it.
He has a sweet Guzzi he is keeping but is selling me his 68 Ironhead HD for 800 bones.
The engine top end is all rebuilt ( I think it could use some new seals) and it kicks real easy (no hyper extended legs for me or trips over the bars if this thing is set right).

it is missing a few things but hey I am stoked.
So I will probably be postin want ads for some shit

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok I got the bike now and am gonna tear apart the engine to see what is goin on.

It has the internal throttle on the handle bars. I have never had a set of these. Can I move the trottle to another set of bars or are the bars made for them? I dont want to take them apart and possibly ruin something without knowing.

·
Registered
630 Posts
labelkills said:
Ok I got the bike now and am gonna tear apart the engine to see what is goin on.

It has the internal throttle on the handle bars. I have never had a set of these. Can I move the trottle to another set of bars or are the bars made for them? I dont want to take them apart and possibly ruin something without knowing.
If it's the original HD style it's welded to the bars.

It can be moved to another set of bars but it takes cutting it off, cutting a ~6" section off the bars you're installing it to, then welding it in place.

I used one on my current triumph ride.

·
Tiny Member
1,453 Posts
GumbyChuck said:
If it's the original HD style it's welded to the bars.

It can be moved to another set of bars but it takes cutting it off, cutting a ~6" section off the bars you're installing it to, then welding it in place.

I used one on my current triumph ride.
Very cool. Post some pic.'s when you get time.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is the original HD style but I think the grips are changed (not too sure but they dont look original).

I dont want anything on my bars at all so I will be using a foot clutch.

I wasnt gonna run a front brake since thats how my Honda chopper is, but a buddy has got some sweet rims with discs he will GIVE me so I may run a proportioning valve off a foot brake like some of these new school guys have, but who knows.

If you could do a tech on that throttle deal it would be cool, but it seems pretty straight forward.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.