Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't remember when I joined JJ, but it seems I've been lurking for awhile. I ride a '50 panhead chopper that was purchased by me pretty much complete -in that it was assembled and would propel itself down the road (part of the time). Tore it down to the frame over a long winter and overhauled my first motor/built my first bike. I'm a so-so welder, no sheet metal experience, can paint ok from a can... I do own a lathe and mill. It's still a work in progress, I rattle-canned it with flat engine enamel to get by until I determine it is how it will be.

Anybody else on here from AK? There isn't dick-all for a chopper scene up here, but would love to know if there's one or two more who are into wrenching on their own bikes.
-Nick

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Small world. I came up in '99, the wife and critters and I live out by Dimond /Jewel Lake. That pic was taken right around Settler's Bay on the Knik-Goosebay Rd.
I figured you'd at least been here before when you mentioned the tourists and the goats. The last ten years that highway is a spooky bastard on a sunny Friday evening between the locals hauling ass pulling trailers to fish the Kenai, and the out-of-towners varying between 50 and a dead-fuckin-stop-right-now-oh look it's a sheep!-around a blind corner on a twisty 2 lane road.

You want to vent your frustration at them for parking their rented motorhome in the middle of the road on a corner and damn near killing you and several others, as you're squeezing between them and the guardrail, pull the clutch, kill the motor, give the throttle a couple good wacks and let the clutch out to restart. BANG!!!! All they get a picture of is sheep assholes bookin it back up the mountain.

Got a little wound up there just thinking about it...

-Nick

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.