Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Doing this for a friend still needs alot of finishing but here is the basic pattern.
Need to putty the inside to get my draft and still need to make the mother mold for
the bottom also need to make the legs to hold the top on . The top is going to get some ribs I will post more pics when I get the top done

Thanks for looking
Ryanm

·
Registered
710 Posts
Nice design. Keep us updated. I'm currently looking into getting some parts cast myself, or possibly doing it on my own. I've been lurking around on some of the casting forums, very interesting stuff!

·
Registered
837 Posts
home casting is pretty fun stuff... i've got very little invested in my setup (which like i said hasn't seen light of day in a decade), but it does pretty well. the only problem is i can run the grill and melt shit at the same time (i use the grill's propane tank :) )

i had a pretty big hoard of aluminum, brass, bronze and the like... all ready to be melted down into something... but a tweaker decided he wanted it more. gotta hide scrap metal (or anything that could be sold as scrap) around here...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sweet stuff!
Is there a selection on good air-filters anywhere?
I´m lookin for one wich is a litlle thinner as the S&S type in Super B.
I think the lenght could be cut and fixed again..
Planing the make my own suckersetup too.

Melt it!

Stefan

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here are a couple more pics of it getting closer to being done. I have been lagging a bit on it just trying to make sure it is right

thanks for looking
Ryanm

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here are a couple of pics of the housing cast turned out pretty good for me not the best at casting. It still needs to be polished and all the holes drilled and cut. When I poured it some of the legs for the top did not fill going to have another go at it when I get off my lazy ass,

Thanks for looking
Ryanm

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.