Jockey Journal Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
For as much as the good Dr. hates this bike, he sure is making sure we see it!

Don't hate the playah...hate the game...

:cool:

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Ryno said:
For as much as the good Dr. hates this bike, he sure is making sure we see it!

Don't hate the playah...hate the game...

:cool:
I like the engine, as stated in my first post, and kenny roberts TZ.:cool:

·
Registered
798 Posts
I don't get why modern bike building has turned into a contest of who can put the most ridiculous engine between two wheels.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I don't know but I like that one. It's radical and nobody that I know of has ever done it. I've got an old Hartzell prop that would fit that engine.

·
Registered
361 Posts
No, it needs an Old wooden Senensich Prop. I would like someone to build a Vtwin out of a couple of Wright Cyclone 3350 Jugs. That would be cool.

Gregg

·
Registered
162 Posts
i love aircraft but think this bike is a bit over done. BUT, how good would it sound when you kick it over on a cold morning!!! His neighbours must fucking hate him!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
As far as wierd goes, I kinda like what was painted on the tailgate of a chopped 53 Chevy pickup with a blown bigblock. "Unique is what we seek, bizarre is what we are."

·
Registered
936 Posts
Django said:
I just think if you're doing something like that for a shop, and you're inevitably going to using that as a sort of advertisement. More thought needs to go into its overall design. Showing that as a shop you have expanded resources and capability, and a collective ingenuity that produces a quality product. I.E. the bike should display some utility (note, that it is not being shown in a show case). But this case has the engine way to close to the ground, valve covers undoubtedly would scrape. The tail section looks like a lowbudget hardtailing of a swingarm frame. The seat looks an after thought. And the style of using an antiquated designed radial engine with an obviously modern chopper style, just doesn't mesh well. The lines don't jive, the color doesn't jive, the articulation and geometry doesn't jive. Its like they were going solely for some type of shock value with no substance. And as a shop, if you're going to offer up shock, you should make it with substantive worth, because that proves some level of ability.

Yes I might be picky. But if you're going to be building something like this, one has to expect it. But all and all, as long as the builder likes it, my opinion is just another ass on the pot.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Good call, scooter. Thats what I thought when I first saw it, the lines and all, that it looked like a WCC. When you said he had one, I remembered watchin MM3 and seein that in the back ground.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I think this particluar "builder" accomplished everything you said a long time ago...

ol_scratch said:
I just think if you're doing something like that for a shop, and you're inevitably going to using that as a sort of advertisement. More thought needs to go into its overall design. Showing that as a shop you have expanded resources and capability, and a collective ingenuity that produces a quality product. I.E. the bike should display some utility (note, that it is not being shown in a show case). But this case has the engine way to close to the ground, valve covers undoubtedly would scrape. The tail section looks like a lowbudget hardtailing of a swingarm frame. The seat looks an after thought. And the style of using an antiquated designed radial engine with an obviously modern chopper style, just doesn't mesh well. The lines don't jive, the color doesn't jive, the articulation and geometry doesn't jive. Its like they were going solely for some type of shock value with no substance. And as a shop, if you're going to offer up shock, you should make it with substantive worth, because that proves some level of ability.

Yes I might be picky. But if you're going to be building something like this, one has to expect it. But all and all, as long as the builder likes it, my opinion is just another ass on the pot.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.