Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get a video camera, just to do some simple stuff like my bike or meetings I go to or maybe even some ride along shots.

If I had a budget of £100UKP, can anyone recommend anything?

I know there are some cheap cameras out there but I would rather buy on recommendation rather than take a gamble with something unknown.

Cheers Dan.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I recommend not filming from the back of a motorcycle. Call me an old fuddy duddy, but come on bikes are dangerous enough and you might not just kill yourself, you might kill a buddy or somebody else that does not deserve it. Everybody wants to whip out their camera and take riding shots. Sounds dumb and deadly to me.

·
Registered
285 Posts
old fuddy duddy? this coming from a guy that runs 200mph on Bonneville salt :D

I recommend not filming from the back of a motorcycle. Call me an old fuddy duddy, but come on bikes are dangerous enough and you might not just kill yourself, you might kill a buddy or somebody else that does not deserve it. Everybody wants to whip out their camera and take riding shots. Sounds dumb and deadly to me.

·
Registered
206 Posts
This ContourHD caught my attention because it is 1080p for $119USD.
I have the Contour 1080P. It's an amazing device, and takes REAL HD video, but I have been struggling for 2 years to get the PC and video horsepower to play them back on my computer. Even with it set at its lowest resolution (which is still PLENTY,) the videos play back in a choppy manner...

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Kodak zx3 can be picked up for under 50 bucks - wide angle lens is $15 and extra batteries are 3 bucks - ram mount on ebay is $20 - 16gb card is $35 - for $100~120, you can have your image stabilizing/waterproof hd camera for a lot less than any of them gopro joints - each battery will give you 1hr+ - 16gb card is 4 hours recording total
This guy makes pretty crappy motorcycle movies but does know a ghetto camera rig when he sees it - advantage of this rig is the various shots you can get from the mount - so so so much cheaper than gopro - my panasonic gf1 cost as much as a gopro

·
Registered
31 Posts
contour hd is a good choice, it does not come with a waterproof case but they do make one for it. cant beat the price on it right now. i have one for skydiving and i love it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.