Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a super e and i cant get the pump to squirt fuel no matter where i set the screw but when i pull the bowl and actuate the pump by pushing on the rod it will squirt. so what am i missing here

·
Registered
8,512 Posts
Spring under the diaphram might be missing or rotted. The fuel is holding it up enough to manually squirt but diaphram by itself cant push the rod up enough to be operated by the linkage.

I have one now suffering from the same. The linkage moves, but the rod is already pushed down. If I lift up the linkage with a small screwdriver. I can push the rod down and it squirts a little.

I dont know if Im making sense.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup your making sense i also tried moving the rod with a screwdriver and was solid also the rod is a little bent but thought that would not be an issue. guess a pump kit is in order. thanx for the tip

·
Registered
8,512 Posts
The rod might be frozen also. I had one do that after sitting for a few. Straighten it out also. The hole is pretty forgiving but still, it needs to be straightish.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just rebuilt an s and s and had the same symptom. I turned out I had reversed the spring and diaphragm. I can’t remember now but I had put the spring over the diaphragm rather than under it. Or maybe visa versa.
Could that be possible in your case?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that could be a possibility carb is not very old and not alot of miles on it cant see worn parts being the issue don't think the pump worked from day one will pull it apart and check your suggestion but leaning towards a weak spring a this point

1 - 7 of 7 Posts