Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought you all might like to see an actual bobbed Knucklehead. This bike belonged to my friend and photographer Winnie Westergard's great uncle. He was part of a bunch of Seattle area riders. The bike was only a couple years old when this picture was taken.

Fuckin' BAD. He was kinda short for it...

Attachments

·
Banned
2,854 Posts
This is the barn find I scored a couple years ago....the previous owner in 1968, and the color pic is how I found it....sitting in a leaky shed so long the chain was rusted solid.

Attachments

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hatch said:
This is the barn find I scored a couple years ago....the previous owner in 1968, and the color pic is how I found it....sitting in a leaky shed so long the chain was rusted solid.
That's a real one all right (lucky, lucky LUCKY)...there's something about the back fender bein' short and those big tires man. I don't care if "everybody's" saying it, doing it or building them, THEY ARE FUCKING BAD.

·
Registered
485 Posts
You know, it looks to me like they set their bikes up for the dirt just as much as they set them up for speed. Granted, back then there was probably more dirt roads than there was pavement.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I call bullshit.

There's no whitewalls, rolling dice, 8 balls, pinup girls, overdone pinstriping, header wrap, or DNA springer on that thing.;)

·
Registered
936 Posts
Josh said:
here's my neighbor Bud, shortly after WW2

I love girder front ends. There is just something right looking about them. Especially with a Scout engine.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Beautiful.

I believe these bikes evolved into the modern dual purpose bikes like KTM Dukes, Paris/Dakars, and that cool new Motard/bagger Buell.

Would it make sense to take a brand new springer softail, bob it and use it like these guys did? I wonder how they'd hold up?

·
Registered
485 Posts
That would be a way too expensive dirt bike. It would make a cool picture though. LOL.

That Clay Smith sticker on that minivan makes it look like a speed racer!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Anthem said:
That would be a way too expensive dirt bike. It would make a cool picture though. LOL.

That Clay Smith sticker on that minivan makes it look like a speed racer!
Thats Peddros ride from the Hamb, Must be hes Muddas Car"

Gruntis

1 - 20 of 69 Posts