Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Full face

Votes: 13 31.7%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who wear a helmet (either by force or by choice), what style do you prefer:

1) non-DOT approved pudding bowl
2) non-DOT approved polo helmet
3) Non-DOT approved German WWII helmet
4) DOT-approved half helmet (any style)
5) Retro open face (Buco, Bell, NOS Shoei, etc.)
6) Modern open face (Bell, Arai, KMC, etc.)
7) Full face

I own five of the seven choices listed and don't crave any of them. Please show this dumb bass the light...

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I'm not too cool to wear a full face and do every day, but full faces certainly aethetically look wrong on certain bikes. But I would also be a fool to commute in the Bay Area without a full face. It's often cold and rainy and just plain dangerous out there.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Non-DOT POLO, backward,and if it's raining I turn it around and use the brim to deflect a little rain.I also have a 60s maroon metalflake same color as my bike.but dont ware it much it's open face.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Full face always, but Imma total asswipe hooligan. Look at the new Icons, most comfortable helmet I have ver put on. Just bought a Mainframe.

·
Registered
770 Posts
The visor on my full face hjc got knocked off in my little wreck, so I figure if I get some goggles for over the top, sand down the rash, and get a fine gentlmen to lay down some flake, well then I might have me a cool lookin full face. But yah, I wont ride without one, almost pointless to ride with a bowl, when are you goin to land directly on top of your head?

·
Registered
617 Posts
there is no Helmet law here in Wisconsin, but I wear one anyway. I have a '73 Lear Seigler spoiler. not sure if it's safe enough but certainly dilutes the thought of my head bouncing off the pavement. It's the slow speeds that'll take your ass out with no helmet. I've bounced my head off pavent skating or riding bicycle and it frikkiin hurts.
PLus I think the old helmets look cool as shit so I don't mind wearing em.

mitch

1 - 7 of 7 Posts