Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually, my son is already 13 years old, but today he got his first ride on my '66 Triumph. I had originally taken off the "P" pad on my back fender because it looked like crap. that, and quite a few other things came off the bike. But, I put the pad back on and took the kid out for a ride. It was only down the street and back, but he absolutely loved it. He thanked me a dozen times and even helped me clean up the oil leaks. I think he's hooked... I wonder what took me so long?

Spike

·
TI_Tuesday
748 Posts
That's what it's all about!! I can't wait until my boy gets older. He's only a year and a half right now.

Right on man..

Spike! said:
Actually, my son is already 13 years old, but today he got his first ride on my '66 Triumph. I had originally taken off the "P" pad on my back fender because it looked like crap. that, and quite a few other things came off the bike. But, I put the pad back on and took the kid out for a ride. It was only down the street and back, but he absolutely loved it. He thanked me a dozen times and even helped me clean up the oil leaks. I think he's hooked... I wonder what took me so long?

Spike

·
Registered
617 Posts
sparkymoffett said:
That's what it's all about!! I can't wait until my boy gets older. He's only a year and a half right now.

Right on man..
I think that is a tough decision as a parent. I have two kids (12 and 14) and they both want to ride. I am hesitant because we all know how dangerous it is and how cage drivers have no regard for our kind--they roll over us with their cell phones shoved in their ears. My Dad never wanted me to ride; when I was still living at home, he threatened my health if he caught me on one. But now, he loves my bike and is glad that I ride; becasue he did too years ago, and knows how it feels.

Sounds like you guys had a blast.

Mitch

·
Registered
936 Posts
345window said:
Of course he's hooked...until he meets a girl...then, it takes a few years before he gets hooked again! Sweat!
Unless of course the girl thinks a man with a bike is the cat's meow. Then he'll be itching every minute for the keys to that Trump.

Hopefully though, her dad didn't take her to "club" meetings, where she got "schooled".
That could scar the poor kid. :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
ol_scratch said:
Unless of course the girl thinks a man with a bike is the cat's meow. Then he'll be itching every minute for the keys to that Trump.

Hopefully though, her dad didn't take her to "club" meetings, where she got "schooled".
That could scar the poor kid. :)
Yeah, a 13 year old girl is probably more interested in his skate board. Schooling at Club meetings....that's funny....I never took my daughter but I always took my son...times have changed....and so have club meetings, I'm sure.

·
Registered
936 Posts
345window said:
Yeah, a 13 year old girl is probably more interested in his skate board.
You can never be sure with those Amish girls. They're hellraisers.

·
Registered
485 Posts
345window said:
Of course he's hooked...until he meets a girl...then, it takes a few years before he gets hooked again! Sweat!
It's the truth! I lost about 6 years of riding because I was whipped.:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got back from ultrasound. Her pink mohawk is coming in nicely.. I think by May she will be ready for a minibike ride at Latimore. I can't wait until Feb. a new mini biker will be upon us.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I found another rad place for him to skate if you ever come around this neck of the woods again.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ha Ha..Yeah..He used to think skating was the best feeling in the world until that bike ride. I'm so glad his first ride was on something old and loud, with a hard tail and a springer front end. Lets hope his first girl doesn't have the same features!

Tim- can't wait to head up there again. he shreaded that last park. Can't wait to see the next one.
Spike

·
Registered
269 Posts
caffeine said:
douchebag Jr.
LOL :D..

Now it's only a matter of time 'til "TACK" turns into a hardcore biker and kicks his 'ole mans ass just because he can..
Haha..

Thats cool Spike!
I can still remember the first ride my dad took me on.i was much younger than you son but it was still just a ride around the block..
..some thing's are hard to forget..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts