Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm starting to think that I could use some cash these days, so I'm contemplating selling my bikes. I have some idea of the value of the other, but not this one, so I thought I'd consult my experts, namley, you guys...

It's a '77 FX with FL sheetmetal and an FL front end. Everything's been changed, there are almost no stock FX parts left on it, just the frame, swingarm and oil tank I think. Newer rebuild 74" shovel, solid lifter cam(no idea what grind, but it spanked my Dad's 80" shovel), fresh trans, chrome inner and outer primaries, all new wiring harness and controls. New battery, fair tires, most of the chrome is fair to good. Runs and rides great. The paint is fair, but the bags are in primer. There are tons of skull accessories on it(that were there when I got it). So, what do you think it's worth as is? what would it be worth with a new custom paint job? Thanks for the input.

Attachments

·
Registered
583 Posts
Location and time of year has a lot to do with the final price, But I just looked at Cycletrader.com for up here and this is what came up. High $10,000 low $6,500 all bikes were in good running condition some with add on's and others stock. Ones similar to yours were around $8,500. See if you have cycle trader online where your at to get a better idea of what it would sell for in your area. Good Luck. Pony.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$8500 huh? Thats better than I expected. Anyone else want to take a stab at it? I can paint it for a few hundred, but do you suppose fresh paint would up the value enough to make it worth my time?

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
Bugman said:
I can paint it for a few hundred, but do you suppose fresh paint would up the value enough to make it worth my time?
my $.02... no, i think most anyone in the market for a fx like yours dont really care if it has a good paint job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts