Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to take a sec to give a quick intro. I have been coming to this sight for the last few months and have been a quiet observer. I live in Austin and I am currently in the beginning stages of piecing together a 68 T100. At this point I have more to gain from this site and less to offer (unless you need to know how to set yourself on fire with a cutting disc...which I managed to do a couple of days ago.) Anyway, this site kicks ass and I have learned and continue to learn quite a bit each time I look around. I hope to post some pics when I reach a point when they are worth posting. Later.

Paul

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So here is the story.....This is truly my first attempt at putting a bike together from pieces parts. I bought a frame and springer front end on ebay and the springer was wayyyyyyyyyyy too long for what I want to build. So I was in the process of shortening the fork legs....so there I am cutting away when all of a sudden I smell something slightly different than hot metal. I stop cutting and look down just in time to see my shirt smoldering and then burst into flames. So of course I start furiously swatting away at my burning shirt and proceed to rack myself...rather firmly I might add...in my nether region. Anyway, to make a long story short...I was able to extinguish the flames and hopefully with any luck be able to reproduce if/when the time comes.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I will post pics in the next couple of weeks. Not much to look at just yet. Nice to see the 500 guys!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts