Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright fella's, here's the story of how I aquired my first big twin. About four years ago, my pops pulls up to the Tire Kingdom that I was a mechanic at on this sweet shovel, chromed out, scalloped, apes, and low. I fell in love immediately. Over the years, pops let me borrow the shovel when we went riding with friends (I had jap bikes and wanted something cool to ride with the guys). Then, I bought an ironhead, and I borrowed the shovel when it was broke and waiting on parts. This past year, I ended up making bad financial decisions and selling off both of the sportsters I had and was left without a bike for the past coulpe months. Then, Yesterday my dad texts me and says "come get the shovel when ever you want, it's yours." April fools isn't for another couple months, so I was abit confused, but pops is a man of his word. He said there was no one who loved that bike more than me, an he wanted to give it to me as a gift from a father to a son. I am eternally grateful, my dad did way more for me growing up than most other parents do for their kids. He went above and beyond anything I would expect any parent to do for their child.

Enough of the mushy stuff. The bike is a 79 lowrider. PM brakes all around, custom wheels with ss spokes, trans was rebuilt about a year ago (4 speed cow pie), engine internals are unknown, it just keeps on runnin, points ignition, electric and kick. I want to keep the bike just the way it is with the exception of fitting some early fl hard bags. One day, when I have another bike to ride, and a few dollars to spare, I want to rebuild the whole bike, rebuild the engine to stock specs, repaint everything with the same paint colors and details, rechrome everything, and polish all the stainless and aluminum. enough chat, here's the pics. :D

·
Registered
788 Posts
Damn man! Nice gift. That's the type of father i strive to be. Give my kids the love respect and the father figure I never had.

Shit and all my dad gave me was his last name and nobody to look up to lmao!

·
Registered
130 Posts
That's a pretty awesome story my dad would never do that for me. I seem to be the complete opposite with me and my dad my dad expects me to give him my bike after I finish it yet has has never givin me anything. He's rarely around unless he needs somethingand even including when it comes to seeing his grandson. He makes alot of empty promises. Sounds like your father is a great guy your a lucky man.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the replies guys. My pops is a truly outstanding person. He is always there for my family and is awsome with my daughter. It is still hard for me to believe that the shovel is mine. I've chopped just about every bike i have ever had, but not this one. It will never happen, I just want it the way it is with a few minor changes. In 20 years I want it to be recognizeable as the same bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts