I am still busy with the oil tank and behind on my own shedule , i had to order a new lead loading set, but the body file turned out te be in back-order. After a week i recieved the file but they forgot to put the blade in the box....great.
To comfort myself this week i machined a oilpump cover with bottom connections because i don’t dislike oilhoses but I don’t want them to be too dominant in sight.
Just checking in again with some minor updates , following the narrowed down oiltank the tail section had to go as well, i already placed the shocks as far as inwards as possible now so i had to find a proper support for the flat fender without to much in your face mountings...take note of the 2 studs , they are made from 17-4 ph.
There is another topic still quite at the top about machining a axle, the discussion was about what material to use, 17-4 precipitation hardening is a strong grade of stainless , i am lucky to have it in stock at work.
Back again , the project is still going on in a low paste .
I changed my mind a few time about the colours but i finally decided to have it a bit sparkling.
Honoustly i messed up the actual paint job and the striping need some other directions every here and there so i will have to redo it but for now i will get my attention on custom fit the moped gas tank and a seat .
I had a great day at work , the cnc teach in machine could keep herself busy with 10 minute operation cycles so i had plenty of time for some customizing.
Time to re-locate the tunnel on the tank. This sheet metal is really tin foil so to maintain the shape i did not remove the old one but just made some holes to enlarge the volume of the tank. I allready lead loaded the area that needed the most attention, but i will have a phase 2 with that this week.