Jockey Journal Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I was cleaning up some cabinets and i came along an experiment i kind of lost track off.
When the time is right i will proceed it ...or forget about it again.

1 piece o-ring / band style inlet manifold thingies ...why? ....Why not.

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I am still busy with the oil tank and behind on my own shedule , i had to order a new lead loading set, but the body file turned out te be in back-order. After a week i recieved the file but they forgot to put the blade in the box....great.
To comfort myself this week i machined a oilpump cover with bottom connections because i don’t dislike oilhoses but I don’t want them to be too dominant in sight.

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Thanks , the bike on a garage lift for too long is even safer.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
The never ending story

Just checking in again with some minor updates , following the narrowed down oiltank the tail section had to go as well, i already placed the shocks as far as inwards as possible now so i had to find a proper support for the flat fender without to much in your face mountings...take note of the 2 studs , they are made from 17-4 ph:p.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Great. Now I have to root around in this thread's earlier pages to find the narrowed oil tank. What a chore.

What is 17-4 ph?

I sure like the fender struts.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
There is another topic still quite at the top about machining a axle, the discussion was about what material to use, 17-4 precipitation hardening is a strong grade of stainless , i am lucky to have it in stock at work.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Back again , the project is still going on in a low paste .
I changed my mind a few time about the colours but i finally decided to have it a bit sparkling.
Honoustly i messed up the actual paint job and the striping need some other directions every here and there so i will have to redo it but for now i will get my attention on custom fit the moped gas tank and a seat .

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I had a great day at work , the cnc teach in machine could keep herself busy with 10 minute operation cycles so i had plenty of time for some customizing.

Time to re-locate the tunnel on the tank. This sheet metal is really tin foil so to maintain the shape i did not remove the old one but just made some holes to enlarge the volume of the tank. I allready lead loaded the area that needed the most attention, but i will have a phase 2 with that this week.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Holes in the preexisting tunnel: Looking at the photos, it seems like the natural/obvious thing to do; but it wouldn't have crossed my mind.

Do you plan to make a pair of personalized roundels to fill the side indentations? Hope so.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Good one Ratso, i probably will cause i am allready loosing the origional colour scheme. so far the homage to the dutch moped...those vintage decalls cost an arm and a leg if i can find them anyway.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Huh. Hmm. Vintage stock decals, that's giving me a modest (possibly half-assed and misconceived) idea, which I'll mull over and then, perhaps, PM you about.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Just checking in , i am really busy rebuilding the house so if i have some spare time at work i turtle tempo my project onwards . I hope to have an overall shot very soon to keep the spirit alive.
430AC2D9-21B9-4C5B-889B-22032AEEFC10.jpeg

41 - 60 of 60 Posts