I am not getting dizzy for the worlds fastest improvements but it’s slowly getting somewhere.
An important issue for me was to get the clutch actuator covered up , in that I succeeded , but i wont call it a wrap yet.
The bended pipe on the end ofcourse causes a bit of extra wear and friction, and dispite it works and won’t brake down in an instand i Will engineer it a bit more further on with a 3 point lever To reduce the wear and straighten out the cable.
At least Now i know how much room there’s left between the clutch basket, cable and primary cover...not much to nothing.
A next resort could be the BDL bbp diaphragm pressure plate which use an half inch shorter shoulder bolts so there’s more space available but i think i will Pull this off (typical for a clutch)
I took a lot of time this week to explore some options , both of them stranded half way the fabrication when i was able to bite the parts like a monkey and realized some other disadvantages might come along. Some old fashioned grinding and welding..and grinding did the job at the end , a Nylatron insert provides the guide , the feel does not differ from a straight cable now.
I still have a lot of work ahead because one thing always leads to another, but for now they are small stuff like cleaning up the coil bracket and floorboard mounts, hiding the rear brake master cylinder and stuf like that....i had spend some time on fabricating an Oil filter adapter inside the tin primary with an assembled height of only 69 mm , but the available space turned out to be 65 mm.
Starting al over again with a flatter filter...and offcourse the diameter needs to be a few mill bigger. The next in sight Mod will be the smaller profile oil tank and we will see what’s next. Cpt fred got me inspired with the hammerite and owatrol because i never thought of the combination before .
hey Dutch , I basically did the same mod on my 65 kick only . I used after market tin primaries . Had to heavily modify the inner for the bearing support , and grind the ribs off the bearing support to obtain a flat surface for the inner primary to lay on . The hardest part of the project was getting the belt on with the tranny being non adjustable after it was bolted solid to the inner primary ... but you cant beat the look of tin primaries !
Every year just a few weeks before the holidays suddenly comes to mind the changes i have to do to our Van just to make it a bit more comfy for a short trip.
So there is not much time left for the bike but that don’t mean i forget all about it, i was overthinking some sort of cover for the ignition coils because I really think they are hideous no matter what shape or size they have.
I found something in my old man’s garage that turned out to be some sort of vintage bathroom refreshing unit but it’s just what i needed.
I am not really progressing at the speed of light but it is still an upslope.
The back of my head was not satisfied with the idea of a clutch cable in a thight corner so i had to give in a bit again but i am down with the results as it is still about The operating , with some directions of Joe i managed to find an oil filter that meets the specs but still fit in the primary.
I ordened the coils and cover and floorboard And some misc stuff and now i am putting the attention to an oiltank that does not force me to sit wide legged on the bike.
I found a vintage dutch moped gas tank that i intend to fit on it...something different i guess....i like the origional color scheme of it so maybe i redo it and mate the rest of the painted parts to it. The tail section will be a subject of change as well again , i posted some parts of it like the queen seat on the local ebay and i allready receieved an offer of 20 euros....mmm must be my lucky day