Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Call it what you like. I'll call it COOL! Being a lover of singles (especially cammy Norton singles) I think the original engine looks better. But if it was parked in my garage I woudn't cry.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Big waste of a Knucklehead motor if you ask me. Other than the motor, the things ugly as fuck.
"Waste of a Knucklehead" you're fucking joking right..?! More like a waste of a Norton frame with a boat anchor where a real motor used to live. That HD lump in the bike made 40hp with a displacement of 1200cc the original mill made 45 to 50hp with less than half the displacement (500cc). Get your head out of your ass...

·
Registered
346 Posts
"Waste of a Knucklehead" you're fucking joking right..?! More like a waste of a Norton frame with a boat anchor where a real motor used to live. That HD lump in the bike made 40hp with a displacement of 1200cc the original mill made 45 to 50hp with less than half the displacement (500cc). Get your head out of ass...
+1 , how did the harley design engineers manage to get such a small amount of power out of such a large engine ?

·
4,052 Posts
You guys are missing the point. The old boy wanted something different living in between his legs, so he put it there. He didn't have bolt-on parts or a book to go by, he just cut and welded as he went and made the whole mess work.

That's pretty much the awesome part; who knows why he did it. Scrap parts, wanted a challenge, maybe he just loved his old Knuckle.

It's fucking awesome.

·
Registered
252 Posts
A challenge it must have been. Looks to me like the frame has been lengthened to ease in the Harley lump.

As far as why?? Might have blown up the Inter, got a line on a knuck someone tried to ride 'round a corner above walking speed, and married the two.

That is, I believe, the Norton referred to as a 'Garden Gate', so decent handling will still elude that rider, but I'm sure nary a stop were made that a conversation didn't erupt.

I like it, the Knuck fills in all the airy spaces left open by the Inter.

Cosmo

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
A challenge it must have been. Looks to me like the frame has been lengthened to ease in the Harley lump.

As far as why?? Might have blown up the Inter, got a line on a knuck someone tried to ride 'round a corner above walking speed, and married the two.

That is, I believe, the Norton referred to as a 'Garden Gate', so decent handling will still elude that rider, but I'm sure nary a stop were made that a conversation didn't erupt.

I like it, the Knuck fills in all the airy spaces left open by the Inter.

Cosmo
Add in that when that bike was put together the Norton was just "an old motorcycle" as many of the now classics were. Break the Inter, can't find parts, oh hey I got this old Knuck engine in the corner. Bingo. You have a marriage.

The Inter didn't leave too much in the "airy spaces" dept.

By weslake at 2009-02-18

·
Registered
177 Posts
You guys are missing the point. The old boy wanted something different living in between his legs, so he put it there. He didn't have bolt-on parts or a book to go by, he just cut and welded as he went and made the whole mess work.

That's pretty much the awesome part; who knows why he did it. Scrap parts, wanted a challenge, maybe he just loved his old Knuckle.

It's fucking awesome.
This is the truth completely. I love that thing. Keep shit unique!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts