Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
648 Posts
Keith Mulligan from OC bought that thing a few months back, rode that thing about 450 out of 600 miles on this trip. With the help of Trumpnut Nick he got the wiring sorted, borrowed a new battery, got the points re-gapped and McGoo trued the back wheel when we finally hit Ruben's Camp. It's his first bike and he was a filthy dude after a day of wrenching and learning in San Felipe. After that day the bike ran flawlessly through rain, mountains, heavy wind, potholes from hell, TJ traffic, SD freeways, you name it. He fits that bike perfectly and was really stoked.

As for more pictures, it's going to take a while to get them in from everyone but I'm working on it for sure. These guys have to be documented doing this run, 'cause it was not easy at all.

-Bill

·
Banned
648 Posts
Yeah, that bike has great lines, and it only took a few things to get it a bit more reliable. That cool old mess kit battery box had to go and the forks still don't have any oil in them, but like all of us, Keith is learning to work on it and figure out how to do stuff. Thanks to guys like Andy and his dad in OC, Moores in Anaheim and Wes at Four Aces, we'll keep some of these old Trumps on the road. Keith ended up getting 3rd place in the show, with some pretty seasoned judges, all who rode magazine quality bikes that they built themselves, so it's quite a compliment to you as well. See you next year, we've got other riders coming out of my old home town of Torrance, so you won't be on your own.

After thinking about it, I think he rode more like 550 miles out of the total, because Nick got it going again while the rest of us were lounging around eating pizza in Calexico.

-Bill

·
Atomic Custom
3,829 Posts
crocustoms said:
south mexico

mikes modified sprotor on the front of the mule.

ah, the road grime

Nick is the man!

Da Judges, no money just tequila
Damn, I look good! haha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.