Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Great looking bike my man you sure run them fenders tight as hell is that front one real or just painted on lol .

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
blackchop66 said:
Great looking bike my man you sure run them fenders tight as hell is that front one real or just painted on lol .
Glued. For real. lol

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Trent said:
Why would you glue that front fender together?

Why not just tig it?
a few reasons:

i made the bracket by pressing it over a piece of bar stock, the radius of which didn't quite match the fender. but that's all i had. there was good contact with the fender only in a couple spots.

the fender is from, i'm guessing, a moped and it's paper thin. my tig skills weren't up to the task. a welder friend who's opinion i trust said it would have been dicey to weld without ruining it.

i figured high-strength epoxy and carbon fiber should work. it's stronger than steel on a per weight basis.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tony Bones said:
You could have finished that bike 4 years ago, 20 years ago, or yesterday and it'd still be clean and right.
Thank you. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
b-townchops said:
whereabouts are you from in Ohio. I live in Bellefontaine. Cool lookin scoot by the way........
Thank you. Cleveland area. I won my first flattrack race at Bellefontaine. Narrowest turn 1 and 2 of any Ohio 1/2-mile track.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
copperbobber said:
Those fenders are awesome. Actually the whole bike is pretty sweet! I bet it sounds pretty killer with those pipes too.
Thank you. Shovelheads sound great!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts