Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JJers, Brothers,

This community has taught me so much, and I am grateful for it all. In return I have built something that will hopefully benefit all of you in your own builds. Basically, I got really tired of eBay and C-list to find or parts sell parts so I created a virtual swap meet based on our phones. Its a mobile app called THE CHOP SWAP. Here is the story:

My Name is Bill Collver and I created the mobile application Chop Swap. The entire function of this App is to create a COOP-like community for all of us who love riding, building, modifying, chopping, and/or racing motorcycles of any kind and era. There are already so many smaller communities revolving around every niche of motorcycles, but this App is centered on one thing that is common to all of them: PARTS.

The Idea for this site was born out of frustrations encountered while rebuilding a 1967 Triumph Bonneville. It seemed that every time that I bought a part on an auction site...ahem....at a premium, I would soon soon after come across that same part in a friend-of-a-friend's garage collecting dust. These frustrations went on in other builds and I just had the feeling that there had to be a better way to go about this.

Enter Thomas Typinski. I know Tom because his awesome wife looks after our daughter quite a bit. And, as fate would have it, Tom actually owns a company called Thumbs Media based out of Northern Virginia not far from my place. I first asked him about website design ideas for this concept and that's when he pitched the App idea to me. It made sense to me since most people use their phones to take pics nowadays so why not just keep the whole platform on the phone?

So, once I decided to pull-the-trigger and make this App a reality, I decided to sell a couple of my bikes (...that was the hard part) and Tom and I went to work....

Thanks for reading.
Bill

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.