Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever see this? I caught one episode when they were running it on the DIY channel. me being an "info-tainment" addict, I Thought it was pretty cool. This guys seems like any one of us here on the board... just figureing shit out, using whstever semi-normal tools he has in his garage etc.

Anyway, one series, is him re-building a 70 Bonneville. Splits the cases, rebuilds the engine, rewires, sandblasts etc. I was looking on Ebay, but could only find the PAL version of the DVD from the UK. I'd love to get a copy that I could actually sit and watch on my computer during my commute to work. Anyone see or have one? I guess he's got a couple other series too... I think one is a 45 Harley rebuild.

-B

·
Registered
618 Posts
I ordered the Harley rebuild DVD from the UK (I'm in the US) a while back -- it works fine on my computer, but only plays on 1 of my 2 standalone DVD players.

- AJ

sideshow01 said:
Anyone ever see this? I caught one episode when they were running it on the DIY channel. me being an "info-tainment" addict, I Thought it was pretty cool. This guys seems like any one of us here on the board... just figureing shit out, using whstever semi-normal tools he has in his garage etc.

Anyway, one series, is him re-building a 70 Bonneville. Splits the cases, rebuilds the engine, rewires, sandblasts etc. I was looking on Ebay, but could only find the PAL version of the DVD from the UK. I'd love to get a copy that I could actually sit and watch on my computer during my commute to work. Anyone see or have one? I guess he's got a couple other series too... I think one is a 45 Harley rebuild.

-B

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
sideshow01 said:

-B
I've heard about that too. I would like to see it also. If you find a place to purchase it let me know. Send me a PM or something. "Info-tainment addict"... HAA! Love it! I share this feeling also.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I might just buy it and try it out. If nothing else, I work with a company that could convert it for me... they owe me a favor. I can read up on stuff till I'm blue in the face, but when I see it actually done... well, that's pretty obvious.

How was that Harley one?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Both the Triumph and Harley rebuilds are good. I'm a bit of an "info-tainment" geek myself. Mark Evans, the host, has a whole "... Is Born" series, where he's built a helicopter, airplane, jaguar, and he did a trike later in the Bike is Born shows. Most of the DVD's are on ebay.

- AJ

sideshow01 said:
I think I might just buy it and try it out. If nothing else, I work with a company that could convert it for me... they owe me a favor. I can read up on stuff till I'm blue in the face, but when I see it actually done... well, that's pretty obvious.

How was that Harley one?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts