Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my question is: no matter where to pistons are, as long as my cam/pinions marks all line up am i okay or do i need to check for tdc and all that jazz? reason i ask is because i got the pinion to the 11oclock position (not paying attention to where the pistons were and i set up the rest of the cams from there. could i be 360 off on the pinion mark or does it not matter? no i dont have a factory manual and yes ive done a few searches that didnt help. just set up some new SE 536 cams and just second guessing myself as to if they are positioned correctly or if i have to reset them. the jugs and pistons werent on because im doing a total motor overhaul. once i got the pinion to line up i just set them all with no concern of the pistons.

·
Registered
457 Posts
my question is: no matter where to pistons are, as long as my cam/pinions marks all line up am i okay or do i need to check for tdc and all that jazz? reason i ask is because i got the pinion to the 11oclock position (not paying attention to where the pistons were and i set up the rest of the cams from there. could i be 360 off on the pinion mark or does it not matter? no i dont have a factory manual and yes ive done a few searches that didnt help. just set up some new SE 536 cams and just second guessing myself as to if they are positioned correctly or if i have to reset them. the jugs and pistons werent on because im doing a total motor overhaul. once i got the pinion to line up i just set them all with no concern of the pistons.
your ok

1 - 3 of 3 Posts