Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have a '95 softail that a buddy has bought and he wants to put an electronic speedo on it. The problem is there are three wires out of the speedo that I do not know for sure where they go. Dont want to burn it up. I have an orange/white, green/white and black, which I think black would be ground. Is the green/white the light in the speedo and the orange/***********? The speed censor is no problem, has a plug in and the speedo is wired with the appropriate plug for the censor. If I could get someone to verify the orange/white as the power and the green/white is for the light, it would be a great help. I do not have a book for this thing and I mostly do older bikes. This is a stock speed'o PN 67033-95D
-Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Orange with white tracer is accessory power, white with green stripe is signal from speedo to turn signal module so the module knows when to cancel. The same signal goes to the cruise module on models with cruise control. The orange with white is power for both speed sensor and light. The white with green doesn't need to be used, unless you have self canceling turn signals or cruise. And yes the black is the ground.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank's alot DarkGoat. I was thinking the orange and white had to be the power but I wasn't sure and the black being ground. The bike has no turn signals. Was afraid to hook it up in fear of burning the thing out. Again thanks for the information, it is very much appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.