Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a 93 883 sportster. What should I look for, are there any typical problems I should seek out. It has 8000 mi on a completely stock motor, even has orig tires on it. These are belt drive to rear wheel. Can I switch to chain in the engine sprocket when I put the hardtail on. The old man want 3750 for it, sounds like a good deal to me. I know its an 883 but I kinda like small motors that I can make rev lika sunofabitch, if not I will put the big bore on that vibratin'little shit

Thanks guys

Dustin

·
Not Really Evil.
38 Posts
Sounds like a decent deal - what kind of 8000 miles does it have on it? easy old man miles or crazy kid miles?

motorhead said:
Looking to buy a 93 883 sportster. What should I look for, are there any typical problems I should seek out. It has 8000 mi on a completely stock motor, even has orig tires on it. These are belt drive to rear wheel. Can I switch to chain in the engine sprocket when I put the hardtail on. The old man want 3750 for it, sounds like a good deal to me. I know its an 883 but I kinda like small motors that I can make rev lika sunofabitch, if not I will put the big bore on that vibratin'little shit

Thanks guys

Dustin

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
first owner was an older lady that put about 2000 mi on it then it sat for a few years and this 60 year old man put the rest on it.. I am gonna jump on this one..............

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.