Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, I'm looking at a 92" Pan motor but I'd really like to have a OEM frame in the build. The cases are Delkron, S&S internals and STD heads. Am I correct in assuming the whole thing will be taller because it's stroked and that it's more or less not gonna happen? Thanks guys

-Chris

·
Administrator
7,802 Posts
Hey fellas, I'm looking at a 92" Pan motor but I'd really like to have a OEM frame in the build. The cases are Delkron, S&S internals and STD heads. Am I correct in assuming the whole thing will be taller because it's stroked and that it's more or less not gonna happen? Thanks guys-Chris
Put an original Panhead motor, that is titled, into an original frame. Much easier than putting aftermarket cases into an oem frame.

·
Registered
788 Posts
With stock 80" jugs being used...Should be the same height...The Jugs for the 74" and the 80" are the same at 5.330 tall.

Must have a 4-3/4 stroke and the bore of 3-1/2 = 91.4 cubes.
:eek:

Dragstew knows his stuff....

·
Registered
938 Posts
those cases will probably need a little love around the front and rear motor mounts, when sticking them in an early frame.

As for the top end fitting in the frame, i can't say. stroker plates?

It does sounds like a titling nightmare though.

G

·
Thanks Dragstews. What's your take on that motor setup?

-Chris
It's as far on cubes that I would want to run on a street motor....(As far as stroke)
Back in the day when you could find pistons for running just about any stroke on OEM jugs...It was easy to get big cubes...

I run stock 52 Pan cases with a 4-3/4 stroke...have stock 74" (3-7/16 + .030) jugs on it...Running in a the stock 52 frame...

These are the pistons that has been in it for more then 35 years....

Still going....The key to long life...Don't beat on it much and proper maintenance...

Doc Dutch stuff from the late 60's..Later to be known as Axtell...

The bad part about this much stroke and OEM jugs is the pistons being so short...Piston speed jumps up in the higher numbers with long arms..
And with the wrist pin being moved up far in the piston makes for kinda a short live motor...If you ran say 0.200 taller jugs and the pistons for them on the same stroke...Piston life would be much longer...But most likely a frame mod. would be in order to fit the motor in OEM's frames.

The aftermarket cases are the same deck height as OEM..unless they was made in a tall deck version....Tall decks was made more for super big bore 3-13/16 and bigger...Kelp some case meat in the middle of the case somewhat...

The Delkron's have mega case deck going on...Could go to the 3-5/8 bore with no problems at all....Would not take then out to the 3-13/16 cause for the center getting to thin...S&S has pistons and Jugs for doing this combo on stroke and bore..Would be 98 inch motor then...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Administrator
7,802 Posts
why a title nightmare? no numbers on the frame, it has to be SC... it is what is right?
For some states, and old un-numbered frame isn't good enough, they want one with either traceable numbers or an MSO.
Yep, plus receipts for all other parts. Better off to start with oem cases that are titled. Build the motor you want and then you can put it into an oem wishbone without any worries.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts