Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I still remember where I was and what I was doing when I heard what was going on on the radio. None of us could really comprehend how bad it really was.

D.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I don't hate any living thing or any living person. But I am American. I am proud to be American. I still remember 9/11. No American should ever forget 9/11. I support all military personnel (past and present, family and friend) and I support the United States.

And echoing Buzz- we should be proud, positive and thankful of where we are, who we are and what we are.

·
Registered
683 Posts
This day marks a pretty sad anniversary.But on the positive side, it also showed the world that heroes are born every minute in America and that in the face of evil and atrocity,they will all come out and together ,will show the world that what makes a great nation is not its buildings ,towers or finances.... IT'S US ,THE PEOPLE !and as hard as all the terrorists in the world may try,THAT WILL NEVER BE DESTROYED !

·
Registered
665 Posts
Amen Buzz,
And a 'Thank You' to Forum Member FDNY37 for Serving NYC and to My Brother Jerry that worked for BOVIS Construction on the cleanup for more than a year..
one way or another rain or shine I will fire up my Sportster and ride that bike today..

·
Registered
52 Posts

O beautiful for spacious skies,
For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties
Above the fruited plain!
America! America! God shed His grace on thee,
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!

O beautiful for pilgrim feet,
Whose stern impassion'd stress
A thoroughfare for freedom beat
Across the wilderness!
America! America! God mend thine ev'ry flaw,
Confirm thy soul in self-control,
Thy liberty in law!

O beautiful for heroes proved In liberating strife,
Who more than self their country loved,
And mercy more than life!
America! America! May God thy gold refine
Till all success be nobleness,
And ev'ry gain divine!

O Beautiful for patriot dream
That sees beyond the years
Thine alabaster cities gleam,
Undimmed by human tears!
America! America! God shed His grace on thee,
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW8puRqE4Sc

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Well,, you should be proud ANYDAY

I have to say it kinda makes me ill,,all the hype they are tossing around for this day.

Anniversary's are suppose to be good things,,and those who were lost have never been forgotten since that day. Also nothing to be proud of,,this day has nothing to do with being patriotic, it is a day to think about what impact the US had that made on someone elses lives that would lead them to do what they did. As a people everyone should pull together in bad times.

·
Registered
274 Posts
It's as hard to watch that shit on TV as it was when it was happening. Always try to think about the fallen from that day, and those who's lives have been lost as a result of that day. By now,most of us have at least known somebody who was lost due to 9-11-01 or the wars that came after, what a small world. Honor them always.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
...Im with you guys, but remember that America is a vast continent not one country; I do not know when that thing "American" refered to USA begon...
If you do not understand that your living in a cocoon, blind to the rest of the world, not seeing what s really going on.
The world is just "small" now; you cannot isolate and think that nothing will be happen.
Economics have a relationship around the world; One important country fail...well, crisis everywhere.

·
Registered
70 Posts
...Im with you guys, but remember that America is a vast continent not one country; I do not know when that thing "American" refered to USA begon...
If you do not understand that your living in a cocoon, blind to the rest of the world, not seeing what s really going on.
The world is just "small" now; you cannot isolate and think that nothing will be happen.
Economics have a relationship around the world; One important country fail...well, crisis everywhere.
America has been used to define this area for quite some time - even by other countries. Sometimes it's easier than saying United States of America, and maybe USA doesn't fit in all the songs. :)

However I think you're point is that there are terrorists, tragedy, and suffering all over the world. It's true, there will always be people blind to the world outside their walls.

That being said, today is for the US of A to remember their own, and to remain vigilant that it should not happen again. That if there is anything to learn from it Freedom isn't free, and we are not immune.

G-d Bless America, land that I love

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
GOD BLESS AMERICA........... and the troops, that keep us as safe as can be.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Today is a day to remember the innocent people who lost their lives by the horrific actions of terrorists. We have lost countless men and women to the war on terror. We should honor all veterans and active service men and woman, who have served to keep us free and safe since the founding of our country. Heroes are the people who risk it all for us and their country. God bless them all and Seal Team 6.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.