Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably a dumb question, but hopefully someone would be able to help me out.

The GF dropped my sporty yesterday, showing me her skills learned in the MSF course. She said the sporty was way heavier then the little 125cc jap thing she took it on.

Anyways, the only damage was broken pride and the foot shifter. It shattered and cannot be welded back.

Since its a 4spd evo, it appears to have a specific shifter for it. I can get a 91 up (5spd) for cheap, is there any issues i should know with using one of these?

They seem to have a different shape from looking them up online, so is a shifter a shifter?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
To my knowledge (which could easily be wrong) the spline will be the same, making length the variable to watch out for. If the newer bike had peg placement other than your bike, the shifter may be longer or shorter.

How long is the original, from center of spline to center of shifter peg? I've got a couple laying on the shelf. If the length is right, one of 'em is yours for the asking. Just pay shipping from 53181.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts