Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got all the wiring done for the most part, but for some reason we were not getting spark. the kid whose bike it is told me he remembers a third wire to the coil.. so we sent a power wire from the key after checking the coil we had no power there. so we do so to the proper terminal according to the manual. we then get spark on just that one side of the coil.. so we added another power wire to the other terminal and no spark at all from either so we take it back off and now we are going getting spark to one plug at a time depending on where we put this power wire. any idea what this alleged third wire is and or how we can get power to this coil so it fires both plugs? im scratchin my head a little bit here. its all stock 87 electronic ignition parts.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
You may have over tightened the framitz nut on the leftoid valve assembly. But then I did not know that they even made a HD after 1984. Learn something new every day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.