Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys need a hand problem solving an electrical issue on a 87 softie. Battery had gone completely flat now charged. Turn ignition on and it keeps tripping out before even hitting the starter bottom - you can hear it click. No obvious loose wires etc?? What should I look at next? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seems to be the circuit breaker connected to the top left yellow wire terminal. Any idea where it goes to as its heading into the abyss :) Hoping not to have to rip the tanks off but guess I will. Thanks for the input to date Jerry and Dragstews

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Excellent input, thanks! Will try the CB in that manner. Thinking this will be the only softie I will own as bought it to flip so haven't bought a service manual but if I cant solve it tomorrow will order one in. Thanks again Dragstews.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys, instead of working on the FXST I spent the day riding the 85 now it has a faulty starter switch, no turn signals nor brake lights working. Looks like a week of electrical work. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.