Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey does anyone know if there is any diffrence in the frame between a 85 and a 86 sporty. in particular the rear motor mounts. Want to use a hardtail that is for a evo on my 85 ironhead thanks

·
Banned
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
wow no one on here has acess to an evo sportster that they can just take some quick measurements to help me out. Thats ok I'm just going to build a hardtail from scratch. Thanks for the help though

·
Banned
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gas House Gorilla said:
Relax...I'm sure someone will pipe up soon. You might have to wait a couple of day's. Your first two posts and so impatient.
I only supscribed to this list when I needed an answer for something I've ben reading it for quite some time. Actually I don't need the info anymore. Instead of using a hardtail I bought some tubing, cut the old sporty in half and welded her the way I wanted @ inch stretch in the wishbone and droped 4 inches. Will post before and after photos.

·
Registered
399 Posts
1982 -1990 will fit.Most of the big inch Buell rear and front motor mounts have same frame bolt patern also(not that it maters could come in handy down the road though).
Thumper

·
Registered
351 Posts
Gas House Gorilla said:
Relax...I'm sure someone will pipe up soon. You might have to wait a couple of day's. Your first two posts and so impatient.
The air is kinda thin in Durango. TK.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thumper said:
1982 -1990 will fit.Most of the big inch Buell rear and front motor mounts have same frame bolt patern also(not that it maters could come in handy down the road though).
Thumper
So, I could put my '83 Sporty motor in an evo frame with minimal mods to the frame itself? Holy shit, I'm gonna build a chopper this winter...

·
Registered
399 Posts
******* Smooth said:
So, I could put my '83 Sporty motor in an evo frame with minimal mods to the frame itself? Holy shit, I'm gonna build a chopper this winter...
You asked the differance in rear motor mounts, no not in mounts themselfs. Yes there might be a very small amount of tweeking,drilling here and there but it will be very minimal,but I doubt there will be any at all.
If your looking for a nice aftermarket frame C.G. makes a nice one.Fits 82-03.Fits disc,belt,chain setups you name it.
Later,
Thumper

·
Banned
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thumper said:
You asked the differance in rear motor mounts, no not in mounts themselfs. Yes there might be a very small amount of tweeking,drilling here and there but it will be very minimal,but I doubt there will be any at all.
If your looking for a nice aftermarket frame C.G. makes a nice one.Fits 82-03.Fits disc,belt,chain setups you name it.
Later,
Thumper
Wow Tahnks so much tha is exactly what I was asking. Cool thanks.
KY

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.