Jockey Journal Forum banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 · (Edited)
Cable operated foot clutch. Untested as of yet, because I still need to get my old Primo clutch sorted out (or ditch it).

Attachments

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 · (Edited)
Wiring is pretty simple.
  1. Master on/off heavy duty toggle on the motor mount
  2. hi/lol switch in the headlight
  3. All 16ga and 18ga wire runs
  4. using the frame Terminal block.
  5. Welded in little wire hoops under the fender.

Attachments

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Update. I fired up the motor for the first time on 7/1/2021. It was hard to start at first, but once lit, it sounded nasty (in a good way). I've since done 200-300 miles, including an 80mi run in August. The top end sees 40psi oil pressure off idle even when hot, so the pumps are doing there thing. Overall I'm very impressed.

The build album is here.
Running here.
Riding here.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Boy that's good.

Thanks again for putting the build here & not leaving it to Insta posterity. That's altruism, J.J. style.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 · (Edited)
Boy that's good.

Thanks again for putting the build here & not leaving it to Insta posterity. That's altruism, J.J. style.
Funny thing is I've come to appreciate the forums more and more as 1) content is basically temporarily on social media (good luck searching and finding something), and 2) the internet is so full of junk that unless I go directly to a forum and search for helpful info, there's almost zero chance of finding anything other than sales ads.

That said I've made a point of making sure I contribute here.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Scott.

Fantastic work. I also love the flatty. Created two fantastic machines!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Fantastic, that's the word I was looking for!

Just listened to the running/riding videos. So snarly and fierce they made me laff. Uh, fantastic.

·
4,056 Posts
That's a real peach, Scott.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts