Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
PONY said:
Totaly cool! I've never seen or knew they had an overhead valve conversion for indians. My first bike was a 1952 Indian Chief. Do you have any more pics of it?
Crocker did overhead conversions I know were 2 are I'll try to take pics. and post them later.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Iv'e seen a couple crockers at shows and they are quite something. Do you mean that they made conversions for Indians? I was 19 when I got the Indian, flipped it once broadside in the dirt and a week later the left tank split a seam while I was tooling down a dirt back road, and we caught on fire, I bailed, put myself out, the bike out, and gave it away!

·
Registered
36 Posts
PONY said:
Iv'e seen a couple crockers at shows and they are quite something. Do you mean that they made conversions for Indians? I was 19 when I got the Indian, flipped it once broadside in the dirt and a week later the left tank split a seam while I was tooling down a dirt back road, and we caught on fire, I bailed, put myself out, the bike out, and gave it away!
Sorry took so long but ya conversions for Indians.

Attachments

·
Registered
584 Posts
Wow! Not for the faint at heart. Catch 22, If you don't oil it, it dies. If you do oil it, it atracts dirt and dies. Is that a new conversion or vintage stuff?? Either way it looks wild..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts