Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally putting my 79 Shovel back together. I'm running a 90 cubic inch stroker motor. I had the frame and swingarm powdered coated. I am eliminating the electric start. Most of my bikes are kick start only anyway.

Painted the jugs while the motor was out of the frame.

Motor and Tranny back in the frame. The Tranny is a 5 speed a friend put together for me.

I welded a tab on to the swingarm. This is to allow the use of a modified new HD brake.

Had to clean up the inside of the swingarm from over spare from the powder coat before pressing the races in. Just rubbed it with some 1000 grit sand paper and left the races on ice.

I need to purchase a larger diameter brake rotor.

I went with a 3" open primary

Had to cleanup the inside of the frame neck the same as the swing arm before inserting the bearing cups.

That is my Fathers 59 pan. Thought I would post that for shits and giggles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gots some parts in and worked on fab'ing up the bracket for the exhaust.
Installed the new 11.5" rotor

Intalled a slightly smaller rotor

Installed the forward controls from Jay Brake

Installed the rear fender, head oil lines, and installed/set the push rods
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Since last time I updated:
Cut up and added a piece to my kick stand so it wouldn't hit the primary belt and I could still push it down with my foot. I'll put up pictures when it gets back from powder coat. Changed out to a hydraulic clutch and did a final fit on the exhaust bracket. Started making the front fender.



I'll get to sanding/filling after it is completely cured. I'll post some more once I figure out if it worked out or not.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top