Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, history. I bought a 79 shovel with no title. Frame is a '57 with no numbers. B O S is to the motor numbers only.

I tried Broadway Ttile but they wouldn't title a 79, it had to be older.

Yesterday I did a search for the title history for the bike off the motor number and it came back as never being registered in the state of Texas. They went all the way back to 79, nada.

So I don't know who's name the bike is in, what state it's from or if it's stolen.

My question is have any of you used an internet title search site like carfax for bikes? Will carfax do bikes?
I went to abika.com and they want $50 to do a national search. I googled mc title history and they came up as advertising doing bikes. Any tips.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought an old Sporster motor with no papers. Local cop ran the numbers and came back clean. But still no information on owner. I knew a bike shop owner. I let him clean carb. and adjust timing. He had to account for his actions. Because he placed lien against motor.It cost $50.00 him to secure papers for motor. I paid the $50.00 and title transfer. Shop owners have the right to file liens on bikes or other parts. Use the system to get what you need. It's not dishonest because the numbers were clean. See ya down the road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts