Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently inherited a sweet 79 Bonnie. I'd like to stretch the ass end some to make the bike longer and lower. Has anyone done this without using a hardtail ? I need to keep the swingarm due to back surgery and crappy Boston streets. I'd really appreciate any ideas. Thanks.

·
Registered
630 Posts
jakehdccw said:
I have recently inherited a sweet 79 Bonnie. I'd like to stretch the ass end some to make the bike longer and lower. Has anyone done this without using a hardtail ? I need to keep the swingarm due to back surgery and crappy Boston streets. I'd really appreciate any ideas. Thanks.
It's done all the time on other bikes, no reason it can't be done on yours.

Cut the swingarm ahead of the shock mounts, insert sleeve/extension, weld back up (keeping axle & pivot aligned).

This will change the angle of your shocks which may reduce their effectivity (depending on how much you stretch it). The shock mounts can be repositioned to alleviate this.

You'll also need to explore how it affects the fender/grab rail/seat section, making sure you have clearance, and the ancillary equipment - brakes, etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

I've been lookin' all over the WEB to find a pic of something similar, but I can't find anything.
Jake

·
Registered
257 Posts
Did this to my T120, moved the shock mountings and fitted shorter shox, although it's not stretched.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts