Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been off the board for a while since they banned jap bikes, and then i sold everything anyway and focused on my 52 chevy project. well thats done and gone and i just had the itch for another motorcycle, but i didnt want another japanese bike.

i was looking at evo sportsters for around town transports and short trips, but a good buddy of mine advised me to just bite the bullet and go big twin. what he had to say made a lot of sense for me. i had a limited budget and i came across a pretty good deal on CL so i bit.

this is a widow bike, she and her old man enjoyed their motorcyles and this was their first. it started life as a 78 fxs, but the lowrider look didnt appeal to them so they swapped the bulkier components from another unit they had. they enjoyed it until they bought an anniversary bagger so this one just kind of sat.

the husband passed away in 06 and the bike has been dormant ever since. faithfully, she went out and started it up every month and kept the registration in non-op. due to a neck injury and an inablility to ride she decided to liquidate.

so now its mine. they took care of it and it shows. it needs a clutch and throttle adjustment and a set oftires, but other than that its pretty solid.

i dont plan on doing much at first but ride it regularly. gonna ditch the front fender, horn, forwards and rider pegs, and i need to find a brake side peg. i need another set of bars/risers to get my arms and back in a better position as i have my own share of spine problems.

eventually i wanna set this thing up for different personalities, but for now, i'm just gonna ride, enjoy and sort it out.

·
Premium Member
6,351 Posts
Damn, that'd be a good ending point for most guys.
Those pipes stick out like a sore thumb though, gives it a Playskool look. A 1 3/4" zorst will snap that thing right into line.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I reakon you scored .
Unhinged gaurd, short shocks, mids, apears to be super E, NO HD emblems and pegs !
Those double skin pipes are huge least theyll never change color.
Shes probably still got all the original FX parts stashed, doesnt know it.
Im guessing it has mid gear shift too

·
Registered
270 Posts
Sweet score! Agree with everyone else ditch the pipes and change what you said. Then ride it like you stole it.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Exhaust, mini apes then ride it a bunch before pulling shit off. It looks to be a great score and FLH lines are some of the best ever! Well done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts