Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys does a std 77 FLH speedo get driven off the tranny? If so can I put a later one in it if Im not worried about accuracy so much? If so how late can I go?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Convert the old one if you haven't found a replacement . Peter Boris - 02 9920 6658 - springs to mind for a replacement face in KPH

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Wayne!!!

Would like to keep the OG speedo as bike is low miles, just looking for a km/hr to get through RWC :)

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Can't help with the KPH versus MPH problem, but the FLH speedo is driven off the tranny at a 1:1 ratio. Any 1:1 speedo will work. If you find one that isn't in a box, it should say right on the back of the speedo whether it;s 1:1 or 2:1 (wheel driven, or is that 1:2?)

·
Registered
317 Posts
You could ask if they allow a round KM/h sticker around the outer edge of the MPH speedo. So that the speedo stays the same.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
"just looking for a km/hr to get through RWC"

Pete,
If you're not real worried about accuracy, I think Custom Chrome sells an "inexpensive" stock style speedo that reads KM/HR.
Larry T

·
Registered
646 Posts
If you are in Victoria you could just pull the speedo off till after the roadworthy.
Ive Never heard of a knock back because of mph speedo.

·
Registered
309 Posts
You could ask if they allow a round KM/h sticker around the outer edge of the MPH speedo. So that the speedo stays the same.
Volkswagen of Australia did this in the early days when. I've seen them lots over the years, factory fitted speeedo in MPH and then with an officicial VW sticker displaying KPH stuck over the top.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Sticker basically legal . Basically . One compliancer I use for models my regular does do uses stickers regularly . Looks shithouse and on the older bikes some RWC inspectors will not pass them unless they are underneath the glass .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts