Jockey Journal Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
That looks really sharp! I was toying with doing the same thing to my T140. Did you have to re-jet at all?
Here is my restore thread:

http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=179530

It ran rich before with the stock air box on it, so it needed to be rejetted anyway.

As far as jetting..There is a video in the above link of me starting it. It ran very rich so I proceeded to rejet it. Got it running better, but then it was too lean. My throttle valve was too small (3.5) so I ordered a larger one (3.0) only to discover that it wouldn't fit because the body had been bored and If I were to replace the throttle body, it would have to be a special size, which I couldn't find. I went ahead and ordered a new set of the newer Premium Amals. I just put them on tonight and the bike fired right up and idled nice. I wont know about the jetting until tomorrow when I take it down the road and pull the plugs. Sorry you asked, huh?! :)

Pic of new carbs just installed taken 10 minutes ago:

·
Registered
463 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but figured it would be decent of me to show what I ended up with. I just finished the bike after about 5 years.

Here is my restore thread:

http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=179530

It ran rich before with the stock air box on it, so it needed to be rejetted anyway.

As far as jetting..There is a video in the above link of me starting it. It ran very rich so I proceeded to rejet it. Got it running better, but then it was too lean. My throttle valve was too small (3.5) so I ordered a larger one (3.0) only to discover that it wouldn't fit because the body had been bored and If I were to replace the throttle body, it would have to be a special size, which I couldn't find. I went ahead and ordered a new set of the newer Premium Amals. I just put them on tonight and the bike fired right up and idled nice. I wont know about the jetting until tomorrow when I take it down the road and pull the plugs. Sorry you asked, huh?! :)

Pic of new carbs just installed taken 10 minutes ago:

There's nothing like a brand new pair of Amals to replace some old ones.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.