Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the middle of a wheeling and dealing on this 76 Irobhead chopper/bobber bike.
I love the looks and think Im ready for a "real" bike. What do you guys think of Ironheads and my future on this bike?

heres the gathered info and a picture.
"Thought I would throw this in the ring I love this thing but winter is coming and I would like a truck rod....76 Ironhead on Denvers Choppers frame Denver is dead but his partner Mondo went against Indian Larry on BBo th day Larry Died in North Carolina..Frame done in late 70's before Denver died..Clear title, new S&S carb just installed..kick only, starts second kick Maxxi white wakks rear drum brake only custom forward controls with rare left hand shift, real low very traditional..Bob 507-318-9141 PS I can help with delivery both ways and it has a clear michigan title"

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I have owned a few ironheads and loveem just be prepared to have to do some wrenchin they aint nothin like that block head motor your ridin now.I think its a cool bike I would have to have me a sprung seat on it though.If the deal feels right I say do it it.Just get ya a tool gag and keep a plug wrench and plugs with cause with that s and s carb they tend to foul some plugs ridin in town.

Shoe

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hudsoncustom said:
Good luck with the deal Mike. Nothing sounds cooler than an Ironhead in my opinion....I saw that bike somewhere, ebay maybe?
the deal is done. he is bringing it to Fla either this weekend or next at the latest. We worked out the differance. He's gonna handle all the hauling and expences. I thought that was pretty fare on my end.
It needs the duel cables done and the battery put back in along with a taillight which I happen to already have.

·
Registered
68 Posts
i don't ride my flht anymore since i built my'68 rigid xlch---it's just too much fun to ride, even in tampa traffic with a foot clutch/hand shifter. the hardtail isn't bad at all with my sprung solo seat---i've done a couple of 200+ mile rides with no problem. ride it over to tampa sometime!!

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
frank (aka cueball) said:
i don't ride my flht anymore since i built my'68 rigid xlch---it's just too much fun to ride, even in tampa traffic with a foot clutch/hand shifter. the hardtail isn't bad at all with my sprung solo seat---i've done a couple of 200+ mile rides with no problem. ride it over to tampa sometime!!
how about we meet in Orlampa and make out at a rest stop???

Tony I dont waste any time

·
Registered
2 Posts
Draglinkscc said:
the deal is done. he is bringing it to Fla either this weekend or next at the latest. We worked out the differance. He's gonna handle all the hauling and expences. I thought that was pretty ...fare on my end.
It needs the duel cables done and the battery put back in along with a taillight which I happen to already have.
Mike get it ready Ill run the ridgid against it I havent put the nos on it yet...lmao get back to work or im tellin

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
fatass said:
You can email Denver's and they'll tell you if it's one of theirs or not. I'd consider a disc in the back, too.

Cool bike.
If that is one of Denver's (himself) frames then he had a bad day I guess...I'm not saying that the frame is bad, no, it looks more like an early Jammer or Paughco to me...

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Danny F. said:
If that is one of Denver's (himself) frames then he had a bad day I guess...I'm not saying that the frame is bad, no, it looks more like an early Jammer or Paughco to me...
It dosnt really matter to me to be honest. Im just going off what the guy has told me. I dont really think itll make a differance but Ill check into next week when I have the bike in hand.
thanks for the heads up.

Mike

1 - 20 of 30 Posts