Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After talking to my buddy he says I can still install a starter even though it dosnt have one now? WOW thats news to me and Im gonna run with it...
any ideas on where to get a starter for a 1976 Ironhead thats NOT chrome. and what ever else Ill need like brackets and such?? I can wire it easy like but need a "starting " place

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Antibilly said:
After talking to my buddy he says I can still install a starter even though it dosnt have one now? WOW thats news to me and Im gonna run with it...
any ideas on where to get a starter for a 1976 Ironhead thats NOT chrome. and what ever else Ill need like brackets and such?? I can wire it easy like but need a "starting " place
or will it not work seeing how its a ridged frame hmmmmmmmmmmmmm mini starter anyone?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Bein ya got a rigid there maybe some clearance issues such as oil tank,battery,starter and things like that.I would make damn sure if I bought somethin I could return it in case it dont workout.
What the hell thing hurts your knee a little bit and your all ready given up on kickin it.:D Shit man mine broke my leg in two and I decieded that bitch wasn't gonna win....:eek:

Shoe

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
first off I think Im a little shell shocked and just being a PUSS!! second thing after checking it out last night it seems the case isnt designed for a starter on this model...Back to kicking.....unless my secret IMPACK rachet idea will work(in my best DR EVIL voice) Mooooooooooooooowa Moooooooooooooooowa

·
Registered
15 Posts
You can put a starter on it if you have clearance, if your clutch basket has a ring gear, if your cam cover has the notch out for the starter, if your trans sprocket cover has the starter notch. Its all bolt on stuff, just depends on how much you want to replace. Also you'll need more battery and you should probably keep the kicker on it for backup.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Mike ya just need to keep bein a "Puss" as you stated and maybe just by this mans trailer cause if ya cant get it started ya got to have some way to get it around.BAHAHAHHAH:D

Still love ya Mike and no pics of the damn tool bag what am I gonna have to do to get that photo drive to flordia and take it myself.........:)

Fix the kicker make sure its timed and learn to kick it with your left leg.Then when it hurts that one I got a friend in the wheelchair buisness and he can fix both of us up with a good deal on one......

Loves
Shoe
XOXOXO
Joey said:
Look close. Starter and solenoid fit fine on a rigid frame for an ironhead. And you can still kick if you want.

·
Registered
174 Posts
TRIUMPH TERROR said:
...maybe just by this mans trailer ...
Not my trailer. It's the scumbag who sold me the bike. And just in case anyone was wondering that's my bike before I got a hold of it. Don't want to be held liable for the mess seen in that pic.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
You sold that bike yet since ya got the shovel?Should make somebody a nice scoot especially if ya went thru everything.

Shoe

Joey said:
Not my trailer. It's the scumbag who sold me the bike. And just in case anyone was wondering that's my bike before I got a hold of it. Don't want to be held liable for the mess seen in that pic.

·
Registered
174 Posts
TRIUMPH TERROR said:
You sold that bike yet since ya got the shovel?Should make somebody a nice scoot especially if ya went thru everything.

Shoe
Nope, not yet. Just waiting for someone to make me an offer. Coming down to the last few weeks on building it too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts