Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
i'd keep the swingarm, do some deeper 'digging' and you'll find that most of the bikes in the day kept the swingarm, and really do look better. Just replace the downtubes with a bit more angle, add a bit of rake and a ness springer and prism tank and you'll be golden like a shower.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I've seen where most where just strutted swingarm frames. Not as much trying to build a 'digger' as I am a single loop hot rodded ironhead like the century enterprises bikes. Just saw where they called it a 'street digger' in an old article.

Thanks for all the comments! I'm beyond pumped, and can't wait for my dad to bring the bike up tomorrow. Never take a civic to a swap meet haha

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i'd keep the swingarm, do some deeper 'digging' and you'll find that most of the bikes in the day kept the swingarm, and really do look better. Just replace the downtubes with a bit more angle, add a bit of rake and a ness springer and prism tank and you'll be golden like a shower.
Image1, love all the work you've done on both renditions of your digger. I had seen the pink one before, but didn't realize you were completely rebuilding it. Looks fantastic man! I picked up an old CCM springer last year at a swap meet, and searching the web for info is what lead me to your thread. Mine is not the 'speed hole' front legs, it's hex stock front legs, but the rest is the same.

What are you looking for maybe I can help
Good talking to you Frankie!

·
Registered
689 Posts
I relly like the single down loop frames. they have a subtle look to them that not everyone catches at first glance. I think you are on the right track.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.