Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A few questions....I just bought a '74 Ironhead this winter, it needs work. My question is, it's very hard to pull the clutch lever but it will go. Not sure yet if I HAVE to get new clutch plates (friction and drive), I'm guessing it would be a great idea since the bike hasn't really been ridden frequently in 10 years. I don't plan on doing any racing just riding, what is a good clutch that you guys are running, I'm not looking for cheap, but I can't spend a fortune.

Another question is does anybody have for sale or know of a brand that sell a cleaner clutch lever for HD that doesn't have the electrical assembly on it?

Last question, is there an aftermarket front caliper that looks cleaner than the ugly stock Ironhead caliper that will bolt to the stock bracket? Thank you for any help, these are the last issues I need to address before riding it.

·
Registered
689 Posts
the cable could be bound up or full of corrosion. buy a manual and adjust the clutch correctly. take a ride to your local independantly owned shop, they can get you the lever you speak of for cheap. Also, I believe pm makes calipers that bolt up to the stock location, or you could look up fab kevin. Last i heard he sold kits to bolt up late model jap calipers to a stock HD frontend. Small and powerful tokico calipers used on the crotch rockets.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.