Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 73 750 with a bolt on hardtail and it has an old springer front end on it. Its not a great looking HD unit but a mass produced basic springer and I hate it. Way to much movement on the freeway and no front brake. I'm not trying to be that guy so I need help. Id like to put a decent looking/performing triumph front end on this thing but I dont know anything about them stem size,stock length etc. Any info I could get would be greatly appreciated. Oh and if someone you know has a complete front end for sale with wheel I may be interested.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
something ain't adding up right..there is no such thing as a 73 T140 bolt-on hard tail. could you take a pic of your bike, that will help everyone come up with some help

·
Registered
142 Posts
I may be wrong (was once before), but I don't think your frame is a '73. To my knowledge, if it were a '73, it would be an oil-in-frame, which that one is not.

I don't know the 650/750 engines enough to be able to spot the differences between the years, but I'd say something is amiss there. Do your frame and engine VIN's match?

·
Registered
396 Posts
You're right! that front end is ugly. Keep an eye on the FOR SALE board for a triumph front end.. I think a complete front end w/ wheel is up for sale now.

PS you have an oif engine in a non-oif frame.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
ok the motor is a 73 but the frame is an earlier frame, and that is all a good thing, the 73 is a great right hand shift 750 and the earlier frame is better than a 73 frame is. so all you need is any old unit 650 front end from 1964 through 1970 and you are set.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sweet. Awesome. Thanks guys. I wasnt sure about the OIF. I have a TR5T and that is but I wasn't aware that This originally did also. Now to search for a front end. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
...hello man,
that engine is not a 73 engine; it s newer.
OR the Tigers came like that.
-the rocker boxes in 73 had 4 bolts instead of 6; the point covers were flat not ribbed to show that have different thngs inside, etc

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
the right hand shift is 73 and 74.
the "Wrong hand shift" started with the 1976 model.
points cover is a Webco

The model is likely a TR7V and if we knew the second letter of the serial number it would clear it all up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.